Sunday, January 23, 2011

90 days and counting

Well, I set up this blog quite some time ago but this is my first entry. After finding out that my dad's cancer is progessing I felt like I wanted to have a place to write about it. I found out over a week ago that he is unlikely to make it one more year. Up until then I had operated under the naive idea that he would always be here. I never imagined a time where I couldn't pick up the phone and call him.

I immediately ordered a book called Grandpa Do You Remember When. Now I am relishing our daily talks where he answers questions from the book. I'm learning things about him that I never knew and now my kids will now more about him as well.

At his last appointment the "experts" said that he has around 90 days. As of today that number is down to 88. I am going to spend the next 88 days soaking in everything I can from him. Including a visit home in a few short weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I am so impressed with how proactive and positive you are in doing everything you can to preserve his memory for the future. Hoping the doctors are more than a little off on their numbers and you have more time than they think.

    ReplyDelete